Create Safe And Confident Swimmers With Swim Lessons
There are multiple reasons why knowing how to swim is important. To protect and keep individuals safe, Service First provides swim lessons to ensure everyone has the proper skills and techniques needed around the pool. With Service First’s multiple level swim lessons, toddlers as young as the age of four can join. Although age may seem a factor, whether young or old, people are not placed into levels due to age, placement is based on an individual’s skill level.
As a parent, Service First understands the love each person has for their child or family member that they entrust in these programs. To give families the confidence that their swimmer is safe, the swim lessons are taught by Aquatic Specialists. Each specialist is CPR and First Aid certified, as well as trained in basic water safety. To ensure each individual is under the utmost care, specialists must pass a background check before being hired.
The swim lessons offered begin at Level One and are completed once a swimmer has passed all levels up to Level Five. Each level builds up to the next.
- Level one, “Water Safety”: Swimmers begin with becoming comfortable in the water with tasks such as blowing bubbles, assisted back float, and water exploration.
- Level two, “Guppies”: Swimmers learn freestyle arms, flutter kicks, and advance to an unassisted back float.
- Level three, “Stingrays”: Now each individual learns how to breathe in between strokes, along with learning the backstroke arms/legs, and how to “Streamline.” (Streamline is a technique used by swimmers to help propel them as far as possible with the least amount of resistance.)
- Level four, “Dolphins”: Lessons intensify by having swimmers swim distances between 15-25 yards. Diving is also introduced, and begins by diving off the side of the pool.
- Level five, “Sharks”: Additional advancement in diving, “Streamline”, and all around swimmer’s ability. After perfecting their other strokes, the butterfly arms/kicks are introduced, along with the breaststroke arms/kicks.
The five level lessons will provide swimmers with the water safety and skills they need, as well as enjoy themselves when they are in the water. Allow Service First’s swimming lessons turn you into the mermaid or merman you’ve always wished you could be! Don’t forget to swim your way on over to our Facebook page and like us for more information on the services offered.